THE ULTIMATE DANCE BATTLE
GO HARD OR GO HOME !
This event takes place during DFW Teen Fashion Week - DAY 1
Get ready for an exciting and explosive dance experience !
We invite all dance teams in the DFW and surrounding areas to
compete in the biggest Teen event in DALLAS !!
DATE: October 7th
TIME: 11 am
LOCATION: DALLAS MEDIA TECH
13300 Branch View Ln, Dallas, TX 75234
1 team from each division will be crowned as the
DFW TFW 2017 ULTIMATE BATTLE CHAMPS !
*Jr. Teams - Ages 11 & under
*Teen/Young Adults Teams - Ages 12 and up
Teams will compete for a total cash prize of
$250, Trophy and Photo shoot.
1 STAGE ! 2 WINNERS !
Creative Style/Hip Hop:
This form of dance allows dancers to be very expressive with displaying a variety type of dance techniques and styles to popular entertainment songs. Bring your creativity to the next level. You can use props & costumes. Be creative, think outside the box. (4 min)
Judging Category and Point value:
Teams will be judge on their entrance, execution of movements, presentation, technique, synchronization, creativity, originality and exit.
CHOREOGRAPHY = 20 points
(dance arrangements, concept)
THEME & MUSIC = 20 points
(musicality, beat technique/syncopation, timing, moves related to the music)
ORIGINALITY = 20 points
(incorporating unique and original/creative moves)
PERFORMANCE = 40 points
(entertainment value/crowd appeal, staging, spacing formations and level/ changes, synchronization, execution showmanship and variety of hip hop routines)
Total 100 pts
ENTRY FEE FOR BOTH AGE GROUPS = $50
Teams with 2-5 members entry fee is $50
Teams with 6 or more ? No problem! Just add $10 per member
(ex. team of 8 members =$80)
PLEASE EMAIL MUSIC TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Team Name - Team Number - Title of Song
1. The group must perform no more than a four (4) minute routine.
One (1) point shall be deducted from each judge for every Thirty (30) seconds exceeding the time limit. Timing of performance will start from the first note of the music and ends at the last note of music.
2. The participating group must submit their music to the organizer by Oct 4th.
(you-tube or website linked music will not be accepted)
3. The competition music must be the only piece of music on the Cd.
4. The group name and title of the performance/musical piece must be printed on the CD. There is no maximum or minimum number of songs or recordings that may be used in the routine. The songs may be edited to enhance choreography and personal performance.
5. The competition music, attire and dance moves must not contain inappropriate, lewd or offensive language.